Saturday, July 23, 2011

Texting: The New Reason Kids Can't Read

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from a guy on one of the internet dating websites I'm trying.  His stats seemed good.  He's 33, lists his interests as cooking, reading, and farming, and lives in a large city.  Here's the beautiful email he sent to try and woo me:


wat up ? u got a lil info abt ur self for me cos i wana know u

Um, what the fuckity fuck?  I tried to be sensitive to the fact that he was clearly a 10 year old child playing around on the computer Daddy had accidentally left on and open to his online cheating-on-his-wife dating profile, and composed a thoughtful, yet stern rejection.

Sorry, I don't speak teenager text shorthand.
Good luck on your search.

Thoughts? Comments? Whiskey for my headache?

No comments:

Post a Comment